Moonlight's MINI Chorus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rant Thread

2 posters

Go down

The Rant Thread Empty The Rant Thread

Post  Aziro Fri May 07, 2010 6:06 pm

Having a bad day? Something major go wrong? Did something amazing happen today?

If you have anything you just wanna rant about Then here's the place to do it. Go all out!

Don't worry about being judged cause we all know we have those AMAZING days and those OMG RAWR days. So just let it all out.
Aziro
Aziro

http://www.freewebs.com/midnightmoonproductions

Back to top Go down

The Rant Thread Empty Re: The Rant Thread

Post  Aziro Fri May 07, 2010 6:38 pm

o.e

ok yeah. Not gonna spamm up the first post ^.^v

UGU!!!!!

This is both a good and bad rant I'll seperate them

BAD RANT:

So yeah I get home to check on one of my projects on the Voice Acting Alliance [Another forum] and I see I have comments from some people about my preview video [people who were in the preview video] See The first two [both guys] were very nice about themselves and presented me with things I could change but the 3rd [a girl] had to be a female dog[to put it nicely]. She decided to tell me that She wanted the A in her icon capitalized [I used the name she told me to and the A wasn't capitalized] which means I have to not only completely redo her icon I also have to redo the video to place her icon in the correct space and such. Then she decides to tell me that my lines are too loud and that I'm overpowering people, she even pointed out a specific place where I was overpowering 4 other singers. Well first off I'm not overpowering anyone I made sure that the balance was equal and all that mess cause I specifically wanted to make sure I wouldn't overpower everyone, And the spot where she specifically said I was overpowering them was right. It's where 2 songs overlap. The one that everyone sang was the background song the song that was supposed to be loud and overpowering was the one I sang by myself and so I had to be louder not only because that's the proper way the songs go but also because I was singing against 4 other singers singing the background song. Seriously, She thinks she can come in and tell me how to run my project? She better think again. Of course I wouldn't be rude to her I just basically left it cause I didn't wanna mess with it. Not only this but she's telling me this stuff when she had a project that she she told us would be released over a month ago. I asked for an update like 3 days ago and she said she had decided to redo the whole thing. Don't give me garbage girl when you can't even do your own projects right. And now Audacity has decided that it doesn't wanna record correctly so It's being alittle bit of a turd right now.

Good Rant:
Ok so with that bad stuff off my chest here's my good rant. So I have this guy I like right? And I'll just say it now, when I write about him in my journal I call him my ignorant prince because I was doing the whole midevil kinda theme for several of my entries [that and so no one else who might read my journal will know who I'm talking about]. ANYWAYS so I see my ignorant prince around school sometimes [on A days in the morning and on B days During lunch] but of course as such with the story of my life I've never actually talked to him. We stay in our little groups and I doubt he even knows I exsist [such is why I call him my ignorant prince]. So Today was a B day so I was gonna see him for lunch but lo and behold he comes in to hand the teacher a pass. Oh god. I feel like such a stalker and I even wrote that in my journal. I was so happy for the rest of the day. I saw him at lunch to of course but that's the closest we've ever been XD God I feel like such a pathetic soul but it was enough to light up my day.
Aziro
Aziro

Back to top Go down

Post  Variegeta Sun May 09, 2010 12:05 am

Okay okay. I have a feeling I'll be visiting here often. xD;;

Now as for the rants started from the arrow game thread for me.

Weaboo/Wapanese People from School (no names mentioned):

They're like:

• I know about [enter anime/manga here]

It's usually the popular ones everyone already knows about. ex. Naruto, Hetalia, D. Gray Man, etc. I see nothing special about that. You should at least expand the range of manga you read and the anime you watch to not-so popular ones as well.

• I know how to say ___ in Japanese.

Mainly it's "kawaii" "sayonara" "enter random curse word." They don't even bother to apply for Japanese classes nor do they pronouce thing correctly. Once there was this girl they pronounced yoai like "yow-ee" which most people do. I told them that that was incorrect, it is "ya-o-ee", and that if it was "yow-ee" it would be romanized as yaui. She and her friends grouped together to yell at me about how I was wrong. I told them that my sister took Japanese and told me and that I learned CORRECT Japanese pronunciation when I first got into anime/manga (way before them). They wouldn't accept it and said that neither my sister nor I were Japanese. So I got a Japanese friend to say who was right and my friend said I was right. But the group of girls probably didn't want to admit they were wrong and said, "Whatever, you're wrong."

• I dress like a punk and I wear cat ears to school everyday.

One of the people I know doesn't even look good in it. She puts on her regular school clothes then a headband with cat ears. The other guy dress in all black and with belts and metal. Another girl pretty much dresses in all black as well, bleached her hair, has clip-on cat ears, short shorts, striped socks, and a book bag with an anime character in it. What the hell.

• I even know about Vocaloids.

They barely do. There's a group of people who play the same two songs over and over again: World is Mine and Disappearance of Hatsune Miku. The bleached hair cat-ear person only knows about popular songs and doesn't bother to appreciate other really nice Vocaloid songs. None of them remember who is who and they don't know about the existing of Luka, Gumi, Meiko or the English Vocaloids.

• I go to anime conventions and buy a bunch of stuff.

The stuff they buy are pretty crappy. Some of the art is pretty bad. I've seen the same pictures online and in higher quality as well. As for the button.pins they buy, they're not original enough,

• I print out pictures and stick them on the cover of my notebooks and binders.

The pictures they print out look really bad printed by the way. And they Google them. If they were into Japanese things so much, they would at least go onto a Japanese website like Pixiv or Piapro to get better pictures. Also, they have no idea about the existence of Nico.

• I can draw anime/manga

No you can't. It's horrible. Please practice first before you show it off to others. Please stop doing projects with random pictures of characters traced/drawn/printed and glued on. You can't animate a full length anime nor can you draw a full length manga so don't say that you can. You can draw in the STYLE, but you can't actually do that. Get it right.

At least there's someone I do know who draws a comic in a notebook and keeps it to himself and practices. He's okay. And there are others I know who do draw really well, even better then me, and keep it to themselves. They don't go around showing it off to every existing person. As for me, I have my group of friends I draw with and we just show everything to each other and critique the drawings. None of us brag about how ours is better than another person's.

The people I see at school try to hard to show others that they like anime and manga.
They even call themselves otaku. Otaku has a completely different meaning in Japan. It literally means "house" and of people that stay home all day to watch anime and/or read manga and surround themselves with magazines, figurines, games, etc. They also barely know anything else about Japanese culture or history. If you're going to like the modern things of Japan, at least know about the past and traditions. Gosh.

Obviously they don't outright say it, but you just know that's what they're saying. /rant

Sorry if I offended anyone.
Variegeta
Variegeta

http://www.janshii.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aziro Sun May 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Lovely rant wifey!

Though I did learn something new from it. I now know how Yaoi is pronounced XD My friends say Yow-ee but since I havn't really gotten into yaoi that much I never had the need to say it. Lovely how I don't look like an idiot on that count. XD

ugu it's been a long week. I'm tired and just wanna not do anything. I wish I had a boyfriend, I wish I had better grades, I wish I had another bookshelf to put my manga on, I wish I knew how to play the bass guitar my sister gave me, I wish I didn't have this headache, I wish I didn't have to download these huge files just to do lines for my voice acting, I wish I was a professional voice actress, I wish school would be out, I wish I had more iron in my blood, I wish I could afford to cosplay, I wish I could go to the Convention that's at the beginning of june, I wish I had more manga, I wish I had more fashion sense, ok and stop there.

ugu now for the one I'm actually not too lazy to elaborate on.

It starting to annoy me. I don't even know why I try to help my friends anymore. They're all fine and dandy and could careless whether I'm around or not. And then when something goes wrong they run to me for advice and for someone to listen to them complain. I of course, being a good friend and all, listen and give them advice that I know will help and prevent anymore drama from happening. Yeah then afterwards they come back to me with more drama on the same situation and it would turn out they didn't listen to my advice at all. There's one friend who I charish and all, but last time I tried to give her advice she bit my head off and we almost stopped becoming friends. I swear if she does that again I promise I'm gonna flat out tell her, "I'm not going to help you. You're bringing uneccissary drama into my life. I've tried to help you but obviously you've havn't listened to a single word I've said these past 4 years. Why should I waste my time trying to comfort you and help you if you don't take any action to change anything. It's you who's putting yourself in these situations not me." ugu I'd feel really bad for saying that but I'm tired of her garbage. Seriously, my friends would come to me for advice yet when I wanna talk about stuff that's going on in my life they all are suddenly too busy to listen. It's frustrating.
Aziro
Aziro

Back to top Go down

Post  Variegeta Fri May 14, 2010 7:45 pm

I know I shouldn't be ranting about this old lady on the subway, but I'm annoyed.
I also know I should have gotten up off my seat and give her it but it's not like I knew she was there.

"Do you girls have grandma's or grandpas?"

Yes, I do in fact. But it's not like I ever met them the only people I know from my family are my sister and parents that live with me. Everyone else I have no clue about.

"You girls should just sat there and never bothered to look at to see who was waiting for a seat."

Well excuse me. I've been riding public transport for so long, I don't even need to look up to see what stop the train or bus is at. What makes you think that I will look up at every stop to see if there was an old man or old woman standing? My friend and I were sitting down having fun drawing with each other. Why should either of us stop and randomly look up just to offer you a seat?

"Treat your elders the way you want to be treated."

This logic/saying makes no sense. I DO treat my elders nicely. But how the hell am I supposed to know you were an elder if I didn't look up? You KNEW I didn't look up. Besides, I wouldn't want a person to stand up for me every time I entered a a train or bus. Also, outside in the city, you don't see many elders. That's because they're old and most of them are in senior centers. Most of the time, the family doesn't want them around.

You didn't have to single us two out of the whole train and embarrass us. If we "young girls" did the wrong thing for mot looking up and offering a seat, wouldn't that make everyone around us even worse? They're adults. Some of them should have noticed you yet they didn't offer their seats. What do you have to pick on the younger ones who didn't notice you?

Just because you think everyone should offer their seat to the elderly doesn't mean everyone will. It could be for many reasons. Not everyone follows the same ideals as you do. I know a couple of elders who say they rather stand because it's more beneficial to their health and that they don't like the feeling when people call you old. If you really wanted a seat, say something before you could have just asked. I wouldn't have minded. You're not entitled to everything.

What a way to ruin a good day. No, a good week. Thanks a lot old lady.
Variegeta
Variegeta

http://www.janshii.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Aziro Fri May 14, 2010 9:12 pm

sdlkjrehkrthjkljrt6;ojhjte;okjyr4

uuuurrrgggg

It's making me mad. So This guy who I've been close to for awhile and I are talking. And to me It's nice to talk to someone cause lately I've felt very lonely due to me graduation and not being able to see all my friends every day and my sis moving out. Well I'm opening up and telling him how I feel sad and all and then out of no where he starts talking about this random girl who's apparently his best friend.

Gee way to go idiot. See if I ever open up to you again.
Aziro
Aziro

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down